TASKS - Choose from the following
1. ART: Make a poster, book cover or trailer advertising the story.
2. Draw a picture of Mrs Jewls or Louis the yard teacher or the three Eric's together. Describe them underneath your picture. Or even better draw a picture of the whole class. Try to get everyone in their correct seat.
3. Make an inspirational poster with the quote, "You need a reason to be sad. You don't need a reason to be happy!"
4. Make some upside down writing for John to read. Or get your whole class to stand on their heads to read the board!
5. RESEARCH: Research the author Louis Sachar. What other books has he written? (WE LOVE HOLES) Present your information in a poster, slideshow or video.
6. HANDS-ON: Have a game of kickball in your class! or make a 1 minute Skit about one of the chapters.
7. WRITING TASK: If there was a 19th story and a Miss Zarves, write about what she and her classroom would be like. Or write about what you would do if you came to school on a Saturday and you were the only person there.
8. MINECRAFT TASK: Create anything you want from the story. It could be Mrs Gorf, Louis, the classroom, an apple, the playground, the hopscotch court, the blackboard with the word DISCIPLINE on it, upside down words...
Twitter Chat Questions
1. Can you please share any tasks that you have completed this week. Try and leave a reply on someone else's creation.
2. What was DeeDee's problem? Can you think of another way she could have solved her problem?
3. Why was D.J so happy? What are some things that make you happy?
4. What was John's first problem? What was his new problem? Which is worst? How could he solve the second problem?
5. Why did Leslie want to get rid of her toes? Can you think of any more reasons to keep them?
6. How is Kathy “Right all the time but still wrong”.
7. Do you think it was good that all three Eric's had nicknames? Why? Do you have a nickname? How did you get it?
8. What does “Terrence was a good athlete but a bad sport” mean? How can you be a good sport?
9. Do you think the kids should have been allowed to change their names? Do you like your name? If you could change it what would you pick?