TASKS - Choose from the following
1. ART - Draw or create Wayside School! Even better get your teacher to allow you to do some special art for it!
2. Pick one of the characters introduced so far in the story and draw a picture of them. Write underneath why you picked them.
3. Make a acoustic poem using the letters W A Y S I D E S C H O O L
4. Make a Kahoot with at least 20 questions about the story.
5. Create your very own flavour of Ice-Cream. What's in it? What does it look like? What are you going to call it? Or make a poster with a funny joke! Is it better than Rondi's?
6. HANDS-ON: Create Mrs Jewl's DISCIPLINE board. Be sure to put some names on it!
7. WRITING TASK: Pretend you are a new student at Wayside School. Write about your first day. Or create your own character in the class and write a made up chapter. What happened in your chapter?
8. MINECRAFT TASK: Create Wayside School on Minecraft!
1. Can you please share any tasks that you have completed this week. Try and leave a reply on someone else's creation.
2. Todd tells the robbers, "Knowledge is more valuable than money." Do you agree? Why?
3. Mrs Jewl tells Bebe and Calvin that art is judged on quality, not quantity. Is she right? Why?
4. In the first paragraph it says: “Other presidents were good speakers. Myron was even better, he was a good listener” Do you think it is more important to be a good speaker or a good listener? Why?
5. Would an ice cream flavour based on a person be a good idea? Why or why not? What ice-cream flavour would you be?
6. What was Calvin confused about? Is there anything that your teacher has gotten you to do that confused you?
7. What was Paul's temptation? Did he give in to it? Have you ever overcome a temptation?
8. Do you think it is a good idea to send kids home early when they have been naughty? What would your parents say if you got sent home early from school?
9. What do you think of Mrs Jewl? Would you like to have her as a teacher?
10. What do you think of Wayside School? Would you like to go there? What do you think will happen next?