TASKS- Choose from the following:
1. Design a party invitation for Opal's party.
2. Design a new collar for Winn-Dixie. That way if he goes missing everyone will know where to return him to!
3. Make a short movie/trailer about the book 'Because of Winn-Dixie'.
4. Research the author Kate DiCamillo. What other books has she written?
5. Have a 'Because of Winn-Dixie' class party! Dress up as the characters and watch the movie!
1. Can you please share any tasks you have completed this week. Try and leave a comment on someone else's creation.
2. What happens at the party to bring India Opal and her father together? What do you predict for their relationship in the future?
3. What do you think Opal and her dad, the preacher, get from having Winn-Dixie? Who or what in your life is like Winn-Dixie?
4. At the end of the story, Opal seems to accept that her mother is not coming back. Why is this an important part of the story? What is something difficult in your life that you've had to accept?
5. In what ways is Opal's mother a very important character in the book even though she never appears?
6. According to Sweetie Pie Thomas, a party isn't a party without a theme. What are the major themes of this book?
7. Who are your favourite characters in the story? Why?
8. What does the title Because of Winn-Dixie mean to you?
9. Did you like the way the story ends? How did you feel at the end?
10. What score do you give the book out of 10? Why?